Thursday, January 9, 2020

#OneWord2020- STRENGTH


It's January...time to reflect on the progress towards goals set for 2019 and look to set new goals for 2020.

My OneWord for 2019 was CHALLENGE, and in a blog I wrote last January I shared the challenges
My words beautifully illustrated by my friend Heather ðŸ’—
I was hoping to face for the year and how I hoped my One Word would guide and motivate my journey.
I set challenges that were both personal and professional.

"Personally, I want to challenge myself to turn 50 healthy and strong. This requires me to get back to regular exercise, something that has been missing due to injuries over the past few years. No Excuses." 

Hmmm...I didn't do so well with my personal goals 🙄 My weekly FitBit challenges helped a bit, along with getting a puppy to walk. I still have a LONG way to go towards this, though. I'll get to that in my 2020 goals.

"My CHALLENGE also comes professionally, as I want to expand upon my accomplishments of 2018 by continuing to be an active part of my PLN (#4OCFpln), continuing to read, write and publish, presenting professional development both in and out of district, continually challenging myself in my leadership position as I work to serve the students and staff in my district, and being open to accepting new challenges as they present themselves."

My biggest professional accomplishments occured when I became a published author...four times in 2019! I am so proud of this and am eternally grateful to those who gave me the opportinitues to contribute to their books; Rachelle Dene Poth, Kristen Nan, and Dr. Jacie Maslyk.



     




I also challenged myself professionally through professional development presentations, reading,  and
My First Published Article!
attending national conferneces. I was fortunate to spend a week in Philadelphia with my PLN at ISTE19...and we even presented!
My PLN Presenting at ISTE19



I presented an Ignite Session at a summer administrative retreat, ran sessions at a few EdCamps, and presented professional development sessions at the district level.  I also had so much fun connecting and meeting up with former students as part of my blog series

So, in terms of "Challenge" for 2019, I am happy with how I rose to it, but also feel the need to
ASCD Conference in DC
continue along this path and push myself further beyond my comfort level.

So bring in my OneWord for 2020.....STRENGTH!

I feel that STRENGTH is an offspring of CHALLENGE. In 2020, I am looking to find my inner-strength and continue to push myself into the uncomfortable, still challenging myself while finding the strength to meet each challenge.

 I'd like to better meet the personal challenges I set for myself in 2019, and strength will definitely be needed to bury the excuses. Professionally, I want to continue with my writing and presenting, moving beyond my circle of comfort. I also need to be better at meeting uncomfortable conversations head-on, choosing courage over comfort.

I am looking for the STRENGTH to be brave, adventurous, strong, and courageous...to own my story. 

I am looking forward to 2020 and moving from CHALLENGE to STRENGTH. Bring it on!




No comments:

Post a Comment